BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMME GUARANTEE
Our guarantee is simple: If your child attends the first session of the course and it does not meet his/her expectations, you can receive a refund for the remaining sessions.
Refunds are not available after the second class.
Refund requests made prior to the start of the program will be charged a £7 processing fee.
All Digital Wizards classes are held on-site at various school locations in the North West Region. If you don’t find your child’s school in our list of locations, please contact us to find out how to bring Digital Wizards to your school.
- Booking a child’s place on a club is taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- On-line registration, with a Credit or Debit card is recommended.
- Registrations must be received through the link provided by your school. Generally, schools who have opted for online registration do not participate in the registration process.
You will receive confirmation of your registration HOWEVER you may be contacted if the class is full and your child has NOT secured a place. If this occurs a full refund will be provided.
Customers who use our online registration system will receive an emailed receipt.
FIRST DAY OF DIGITAL WIZARDS CLASS
Digital Wizards sends a register of all participating students to the school. We ask the school to distribute the list to teachers so that teachers can direct students to the correct room.
Our Digital Wizard will be in the classroom to greet students when they arrive. They are unable to collect students from their classrooms.
- Classes must meet minimum enrolment to run.
- Class size ranges from a minimum of 10 children to a maximum of 36 children
- Whenever possible, we separate children by age groups.
BEHAVIOUR GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
Digital Wizards strives at all times to provide fun activities to all children. In an effort to fulfil this commitment, we ask that all children enrolled adhere to basic behavioural guidelines. We realise that the hands-on, high-energy nature of our program excites and motivates children. Our programs are specifically designed to harness and direct that energy. Our instructors set clear boundaries and expectations as to appropriate conduct and we will hold all students to these expectations. This includes the respectful use of technology. Digital Wizards has a zero-tolerance policy regarding violence of any kind. Children exhibiting violent behaviour will be asked not to return to a Digital Wizards class. There will be no refund.
CHILD PICK-UP POLICY
GENERAL PICK-UP REQUIREMENTS
If you have designated that you will be picking up your child:
- Please pick up your child promptly at the end of class. Digital Wizards will not be responsible for children before or after the stated class time.
- Meet your child at the designated collection point.
- We will only release your child to you or the person you have specifically designated on your registration form.
- If someone else will pick up your child, you must send a signed note. This includes siblings, friends or neighbours.
- If someone else will regularly pick-up your child, please let your Digital Wizard know.
FRONT OF SCHOOL PICKUP
If you would like your child to meet you beyond the classroom or outside the school you must authorise him/her to walk home. This authorisation allows us to release your child from the classroom without an accompanying adult.
WALK OR AFTER-SCHOOL CLUB CARE
Children who walk home will be released, in a group as soon as the session is over.
Children who go to after-school club care will be released, in a group, as soon as the session is over.
By registering on this course you confirm you are happy to receive future emails from Digital Wizards to inform you of future upcoming events and programmes. We will never disclose your contact details to any third party. If you wish to opt out of our email list please email email@example.com.
If you have any additional questions about Digital Wizards Before & After School Program policies and procedures, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Virtual Reality
At Digital Wizards, we aim to give children the best possible learning experiences, providing opportunities to use a variety of the latest technology in a safe and secure environment. This includes virtual reality.
Please note: Virtual reality is just one of the activities at the club and it is intended to give your child a taster (on one of the sessions) of what this technology can offer. If you do not wish to give consent for your child to use VR on the booking form, we will of course provide alternative activities for their allocated week/ session. This is a voluntary activity but one that the children find very exciting.
What is Virtual Reality (VR)?
Virtual reality allows the user to explore and interact with a three-dimensional, computer-simulated environment in a seemingly real or physical way, using special electronic equipment. Individuals wear a head mounted display (HMD).
Many of the HMDs contain headphones and/or speakers so that the user can receive additional sensory input (audio/video) as part of the virtual experience and use an input device such as a joystick or trackball to move around.
This allows children to explore new environments in a manner that enables them to manipulate objects and experience what would normally be difficult or impossible for them to experience in real life.
What will the children access?
We closely monitor what the children are able to access to ensure any virtual worlds or games are suitable for their particular age group. They are given the freedom to choose from a number of different options. Experiences include being immersed in popular movies, visiting distant places and travelling back in time.
What measures do you have in place to ensure my child uses VR safely?
Before using any of our technology, the children are always reminded of how to use it safely, responsibly and respectfully. Ensuring the children’s safety is our highest priority and, while there are potential risks in using this type of kit as detailed below, we take the following steps to give the children the opportunity to use this amazing technology:
- Instructions on how to use the kit safely before and during use.
- A suitable area will be provided to give the children enough space away from potential hazards and obstacles.
- The children are encouraged to take regular breaks during the virtual reality session.
- Children using VR will be carefully monitored and will be asked to remove the headset should they experience any unusual symptoms.
What if my child does not want to use VR?
In our experience, the children love using VR. However, if any child does not want to use the kit during their allocated session we will of course give them a different activity to participate in. Virtual Reality is just one type of technology we provide and there are lots of other exciting pieces of equipment to use.
Virtual Reality Parental Consent
Please read this document carefully. We require your consent on the booking form before your child participates in our VR experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Your child will not be able to take part in the experiences without your consent to this waiver.
To enter Virtual Reality, your child must wear a headset which will totally block the view of their real location.
Although extremely rare, here are some of the potential risks:
- Eye strain.
- Flickering screens and flashing images which could trigger underlying health conditions.
- Motion sickness.
- Equipment may affect some medical devices such as cardiac pacemakers etc.
- The equipment and media content of some experiences may affect those with pre-existing medical or mental health conditions.
- It is possible to feel claustrophobia, panic, or other phobias.
- Objects in the real world may not be visible in the virtual world.
- Objects in the virtual world may not exist in the real world.
- Feelings of disorientation may be felt at the end of the experience.
- Repeated use may exaggerate the effects above.
We recommend that your child does not participate in VR when tired, ill or feeling stressed or anxious in any way, as these factors can increase the risk of potential issues. If they have any contagious physical ailments such as skin conditions, cuts, open sores or eye infections they will not be allowed to not take part and will be given an alternative task.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the human response to virtual reality, we require all parents and legal guardians to provide consent to this waiver on the booking form releasing Digital Wizards Ltd from any liability regarding your child’s use of our VR equipment.
Oculus VR, LLC. PlayStation VR, and HTC Vive recommend that children over the age of 13 use VR headsets.
Unfortunately, there are risks associated with the use of VR (Virtual Reality) and AR (Augmented Reality) headsets. Some of the risks are fairly obvious: bumping into objects, tripping over wires etc. Other risks are not so obvious and may either be latent in their effects (for example, vision impairment) or may trigger dizziness, nausea or even a seizure. The fact is, the technology is so new that health and safety research needs to catch up with it.
We will ask your child to stop using our VR equipment if they feel any discomfort whatsoever.
AS A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AND PROVIDING CONSENT ON THE BOOKING FORM FOR YOUR CHILD TO USE ONE OF DIGITAL WIZARDS VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSETS, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
You are agreeing to the following statements:
I give consent for my child to use one of Digital Wizards virtual reality headsets. I recognise and understand that the use of a VR headset involves certain risks.
1) My child will be using the VR equipment voluntarily;
2) I assume all of the physical, psychological, and financial risks associated with use of VR equipment;
3) By providing my consent on the booking form, I acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms of this release form and that I am voluntarily giving up substantial legal rights, including the right to sue Digital Wizards Ltd or its employees;
4) I am the parent or legal guardian of the child named on the booking form. I have the legal right to consent to and, by providing it, I hereby do consent to the terms and conditions of this Release of Liability.
I understand that I must give consent for this Release of Liability on the booking form before my child uses the equipment in any Digital Wizards activities.
I confirm that I am over 18 years of age and have read the above information and, by giving consent on the booking form, agree to Digital Wizards Terms and conditions.
Our Virtual Reality activity is voluntary. If you do not give consent on the booking form your child will be unable to use our VR kit and will be given alternative activities using other types of technology.